I once had a Chinese client visit me with a suspected blood disease. He was initially diagnosed with leukemia/blood disorder but subsequently, this was changed to thyroid dysfunction (underactive – hypothyroidism) and his symptoms were – tired, losing lots of weight, and very stressed out.
He was quite unhappy with the diagnosis from his doctor and he looked really unwell, quite jaundiced in appearance. He discussed being a chef who’d had his marriage break down, lost his job and was heavy drinking, had financial problems and some court problems.
I’m always surprised by why I feel so disturbed when the ‘go-to’ solution of modern medicine is to ‘treat the symptom’. The symptom was his blood but the cause was more of chronic fatigue – adrenal burnout to my view.
I generally perform a timeline for my clients, I find that this generally brings me to places that provide great insight as to where things began to go astray. Often we end up in early childhood (a subject for another post). This guy clearly had extreme emotional stress so I took a look at his timeline, I use this to work my way back to where this ‘frame of reference began’.
Emotional stress is a killer because we are as we think so I usually try to establish the emotion that is out of balance and this is usually given away by the organs affected.
- Heart Joy/ – Fright/Love
- Liver/Gall Bladder – Anger Resentment Frustration
- Lungs/Large Intestine – Grief/Anxiety
- Stomach – Pensiveness
- Spleen – Worry/Fatigue
- Kidneys/Bladder – Fear/Fright
Vitamin Mineral Approach
Natural Desiccated Thyroid (pigs) seems to work better than T4, suggested he discuss this with his doctor and for stress, I looked at his vitamin A, C, B1, and B6.
- Supergreens will help with Energy;
- Apple Cider Vinegar may help his acidity;
- Folic acid in the form of folate (B9) helps with cell creation;
- Krill oil for Omega 3, Vit D (helps calcium absorption and also for mood) combined with Vit K2 to promote absorption;
- Liver and kidney functions are priorities for conversion of thyroxine so I suggest milk thistle extract.
My Overall Approach:
1. Energy Work: 4 days to improve overall circulation and health – Blood (via red and white corp. brings oxygen and heals/repairs).
A good Blood Supply is vital.
The frequency upon which the body operates determines the growth of future cells. We replace 100% of our cells in 7 years and the body is eternally renewing itself.
2. Attitude: Suggest keeping control, positivity, image, perception, remove negativity. Strongly suggest taking work a little easier and spending time in nature.
3. Gut Bacteria and Micro-Organisms are totally compromised – suggest probiotics are vital for enteric/stomach health and are affected by what we eat/drink and by antibiotics so suggest he boost himself with 100billion probiotics per day. Papaya Fruit Puree (Caricol) – Tummy
4. Food Nutrition: You are what you eat – Cook if possible and keep away from processed foods both cooked and uncooked – that means ‘Fast Food’ too and above all avoid microwave food.
5. Breath Work for Anxiety Relief – Chi Kung
6. I would do a food intolerance test and look for eliminating irritants – Likely Candidates being
Potato [are nightshades and known to be toxic (cause swelling)]
- Think hunter/gatherer, it will help to understand that ‘fast’ usually means unhealthy. Learning to cook with nutritious foods, no GM, and try to stay organic if at all possible.
- Avoid if possible: farmed fish, mass-produced pork, or chicken (these are mostly antibiotics and hormones)
- Non-Organic Veg (sprayed too often)
- GM Foods – bred to be resistant and therefore complex for our digestion
- Gluten – mostly because grain is GM and we cannot digest this form of gluten.
- Dairy is basically un-digestible, mucus forming and clogging us up.
- Avoid sugars – where possible and never add sugar to anything as it feeds Illness.
- Try to NOT use a microwave [microwaves heat by killing which leaves our food with low nutritional value].
- Load up on clean water – ideally from a fast-flowing source or an organic well, water is lifegiving. Treated water kills h2o (oxygen) by adding chlorine to kill bacteria. Flouride added for bones actually poisons [Irony is that Chlorine affects oxygen and fluoride affects cells] – Why add it?
- Eat lots of Fresh Organic Fruit and Veg/Nuts, Wild Fish (Omega 3), and Organic or Wild Fowl.
- Sweet Potatoes (if source known) are a great alternative to Potatoes (can Inflame).
- Lamb as your Red Meat/Iron Source
- Use non Dairy – Non-GM Milk – Rice, Coconut, or Almond depending on taste.
- Generally, cook using natural fats/small amounts of butter – preferable to margarine (chemical).
6. Emotions/Stress: Our outside stresses such as work and relationships are complex enough and become internal stresses on organs where emotions get internalized – grief can actually sap our will to live.
My Chinese client’s problem was emotional, he made a full recovery to live a happy life without chemical medication.