How to Make a Time Capsule? Step-by-Step Tutorial
When was the last time you thought about that box of memories hidden away in your closet? Making a time capsule seems like such an interesting idea to save all those memories, but you don’t know where to start. This guide will show you from scratch how to make the perfect capsule and build something worth looking back on years later. And it doesn’t even have to be something as big as a physical box, you can also make your own digital time capsule with the help of Klokbox!
What is a time capsule?
To make it easier for everyone to begin their own capsules, this article are focusing on the digital ones as there’s never any risk of loss of information. When designing your own family’s capsule you should make sure to include all sorts of data such as pictures, videotapes, memories from when your kids were younger, favourite childhood stories or even stories from grandparents! With these things saved in a Klokbox, they can look back on the happy memories they shared with their family!
Why make a time capsule?
Digital Capsules are a fun and personal way to construct a family legacy and ensure it is passed on to future generations. Let your kids help make it too! Kids love making capsules with their parents because it’s like a family project. Get their help to choose what they want to incorporate in their capsules and make it magical!
To make it super easy, Klokbox has an easy-to-use platform available on mobile and desktop, aiming to design an amazing experience while creating your capsule. The best part is that Klokbox have everything included so all you need to do is to create a FREE account by clicking on this link! The recording below has a step-by-step time capsule tutorial on how to get started and share your first memory.
How to make a time capsule using Klokbox?
- Download Klokbox App or Open the Desktop version on the Klokbox website.
- Create an account using your phone number, capsules travel using phone numbers, it will also make it easier for you to be able to restore your account in the future in case you forget your password.
- Decide who you are going to make a capsule for and what you are going to store in each of their Kloks.
- Click on the text box and start writing your first Klok ( Klok is the content of your capsule). You can upload images, recordings, documents, voice messages, songs, or anything to make it more personal and heart-touching.
- To allocate the Klok to a capsule, you will need to click “Select Capsule”, “Create Capsule”, and choose between “Adult”, “Minor” or “Deceased”. After choosing the most suitable option, you will need a phone number to complete an adult capsule, or a guardian’s number to make a minor capsule. A phone number is not required for a deceased capsule. But don’t worry, they won’t have access to the capsules, only if you release them or if something ever happens to you and your keyholder release those on your behalf. You can also delete a capsule or even add the same memory in multiple capsules at the same time by selecting the “Select All” button. All done!
Here are some examples of important things that people love Kloking:
- Wedding picture with a message of how you felt in that moment – Klok it to your kids or husband.
- Best summer holidays with family or friends.
- A moment that has changed your perspective of life -This is a good option for your kid’s capsule, to pass on wisdom.
- Journals with tapes and pictures attached to that moment and time.
- Family recipes.
- Family stories and traditions.
- Basically everything you would love to have had from someone you loved that may not be around anymore! – I would give everything to have a videotape of my mother cooking us her famous Christmas turkey again, the smell of her food will be always in my memory, it would be like a dream if every year I could play her video on my Klokbox and cook “with her” again.
With only 5 simple steps the
You can always go back and make daily or weekly updates, the best thing is that Klokbox is always available! So, if in the middle of the night or during a busy day you remember something important you want to save, just open the app and Klok it. It is hard not to get couth up in our busy lives and forget to save those little moments, but it is important to have a place where we can find ourselves.
Creating a space where you can reflect on all the wonderful things you have accomplished in life, or that you learned from your family’s legacy is an amazing process that everyone should undertake. It can bring nostalgic feelings to specific moments, and restore our energy levels automatically. If you prefer, take some space alone reflect and ask yourself: What is the most important thing for me? What is my destination in life and who is part of that journey?
Build a habit, perhaps once a month, return to your Klokbox and relieve all the beautiful memories you saved! Sometimes we feel lonely or even without motivation but it is important to always remind ourselves, and learn how much some people care about us!
Start your time capsule now by typing one of your favourite memories into the text box below!